MTB Instructor Training- Share the Stoke!
NEW for 2021! Join Ash and Russ in Rotorua for our all new MTB Instructor training camp- ‘Share the Stoke’.
26-28 February 2021, Rotorua
Together Ash and Russ have over 15 years experience in not only helping people to improve their mountain bike skills but also training others to help share the stoke. Through both Joyride, WORD and working with other organisations we have taught over 200 riders the ins and outs of instructing adults, teenagers and kids mountain biking in a Kiwi context.
This 3 day course is modelled off the private training courses that we run for ourselves and other organisations. It is designed to prepare you for the NZ Level 1 Mountain Bike Instructor Qualification.
What we’ll cover:
- how to prepare yourself for guiding and instruction
- how to safely guide on up to Grade 4 trails
- teaching and instruction on up to Grade 3 trails
- the differences between teaching adults, teenagers and kids
- how to improve your personal riding, yeeeooowww!
- how to operate as a MTB Instructor under NZ health and safety legislation
Note: This is a training/preparation course only – it does not include assessment or certification. For the NZ Mountain Bike qual this can be done either by attending an NZOIA MTB 1 weekend assessment or via Skills Active in your work place.
Following the course you, each participant will get a personalised report outlining strengths and areas for development to address before going forward for assessment.
We’ll start at 2pm on Friday and finish at 4pm on Sunday.
Share the Stoke
- 2 nights twin share accommodation in Lynmore- right next to the forest! (non residential and room upgrade packages available)
- Shuttles on Saturday!
- Gondola lifts at Skyline! Including a 15 run Skyline pass.
- Joyride Instructor handbook and quick reference guide
A $200 non refundable deposit secures your spot (the remainder is 6 weeks before)
Standard Ticket – Twin Share- $695.00 Select
Camp and Own room- $795.00 Select
A dedicated room to yourself in at Joyride HQ
Camp only – No accommodation $595.00 Select
This is designed for locals or those with own accommodation. Note that we will be running evening sessions at Joyride HQ, so this is suitable for those staying close by.
Space is limited to 12 people.
Note: Catering is not included – there is a shared kitchen
You will need to bring:
- your own mountain bike – in good working order
- a backpack/bum bag to carry your instructing kit consisting of:
- first aid kit
- tools and spares
- rain jacket
- communications device
- food and snacks for the weekend
Am I good enough?
To really love Share the Stoke, you will have….
- 3+ years MTB riding experience
- Be comfortable on Grade 3+ trails
- Be able spend the day in the forest (ie. 5-6 hours out and about)
- Enjoy passing on knowledge to others
More details provided upon confirmed registration.