Joyride and Skyline Rotorua – the best way to accelerate your riding skills
Get set to get your riding skills dialed, Joyride clinics starting at Skyline Rotorua from Saturday, 13th of January 2018.
Weekend Clinics – Twice A Day at 10am and 1.30pm
From Saturday the 13th of January, Joyride will start running 2.5 hour group sessions twice a day, at 10am and 1.30pm.
INTRO to MTB Park
Our Flow session is designed to get you mastering the lines of the bike park. Once we have got your body position and braking dialled, we’ll head up into the park and get you rocking round those corners. If you are new to a bike park, or mountain biking in general, then we recommend you start with this session
TECH and AIR
Let’s do this! The Joyride Tech and Air course is about getting moving on the bike. From the rough and rooty to getting the wheels off the ground…We’ll be riding down the great hand built tech hidden away under the trees. Then we’ll have a look at the art of pumping and pressure control required to get those wheels off the ground safely and with a bit of style.
This course is perfect for those that have been riding at an Intermediate + level for a couple of years and/or have done a skills course in the past (ie. The JoyRide Intro to Bike Park course at Skyline)
What is included?
All clinics are $150 for 2.5 hours and include:
- Skills instruction with a Joyride instructor
- Unlimited access to the bike park during the clinic
- A Skyline Rotorua pass loaded with 15 runs to use after the clinic over the next year (valued at $59)
Yep that is right, after we have worked together on improving your skills, you’ll have a 15 run pass to use in your own time to really hone those skills. How awesome is that?! All you need to do is supply your own bike and helmet.
How do I book?
All course bookings will be done through the Joyride Bookings Page. We recommend that you book online before you arrive as each session is limited to a maximum of 6 riders for safety and to ensure that everyone gets time to work on their riding. Book Online HERE.
We give you the knowledge to develop your skills, confidence to push your boundaries and encouragement to enjoy the ride.
Over the past 5 years we have been on a journey of discovery. Through national and international instructing programmes, countless books, and chats over beers we have developed a series of skills courses to enable you to enjoy the ride just as much as we do. We call it JoyRide. Professional, rider focused and a hell of a lot of fun.
- All Joyride instructors are PMBIA Level 1 (or higher) and Comprehensive First Aid qualified.
- Registered Adventure Activity Operator – AdventureMark
About Skyline Rotorua
Famous for a reason, Skyline Rotorua is your ticket to an unforgettable holiday. Home to the ultimate Gondola and Luge experiences, there’s a raft of activities to keep you entertained. From the thrilling Zoom Zipline, Sky Swing and Mountain Bike Gravity Park to tranquil nature trails, wine tasting, dining and shopping experiences.
The Skyline Rotorua complex is just minutes from central Rotorua, sitting atop Mt Ngongotaha providing unsurpassed views of New Zealand’s coolest hot spot. This is an all-weather (except mountain biking) must do attraction suitable for all ages year round. Open from 9am to late
- NZ’s first year round gondola assisted bike lift, accessing world-class downhill mountain biking
- Host location of the world’s largest mountain biking event, Crankworx Rotorua, with custom built Downhill, Dual Speed and Style, Slopestyle and Pump Track courses for the world’s best riders
- Skyline has 1 dedicated gondola that can each take four riders and their bikes to where the trails start, taking the hard work out the park’s 200-metre vertical rise
- Allows for 3,000 runs a day overall, riders have done up to 36 runs in a day.
- 12.5 km trail network with varying terrain for all ability levels
- The mountain bike Park has full time patrollers, all trained to pre-hospital first aid levels.